free web hit counter

Every Man is an Island

Rocking out at the end of the world

Wednesday, February 27, 2008


Model Nitijela

It's not exactly an update, but if you've ever wanted something more visual about my job or the Marshall Islands this might please you.

When the time came for me to teach government in the Marshall Islands, I was kind of at a loss regarding what to do in class. All I could remember was that when I took government in high school my teacher conducted a rather weak Mock Congress with my class. I wanted to do something like it, only better, but I sure as heck don't know the rules and procedures under which the Marshall Islands legislature operates. However, having participated in Model United Nations in college, I figured I could adapt some of its rules and procedures to suit my purposes.

Thus was born "Model Nitijela." I've been doing it for three years now and the below link shows the latest manifestation.

Model Nitijela

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home