free web hit counter

Every Man is an Island

Rocking out at the end of the world

Friday, September 07, 2007


I own Peyton Manning

School has started.

More importantly, football season has started. This year I threw away the majority of the common sense and joined the local fantasy football league for $340. Basically it’s a question of how much faith do I have in my geek mettle. Unfortunately, that’s something I refuse to have questioned. It’s kind of like Michael J. Fox in the Back to the Future movies. Whenever someone calls him a chicken he freaks out and does something irrational. Whenever my geek mettle gets questioned I freak out and do something irrational, like spend $340 on what amounts to little more than a game of chance. Whatever. Game on!

There’s nothing too much to report from school. I teach two classes again. Government, again. I do the college counseling, again. On a bright note some students have already started talking to me about going to college and what it takes to go to Taiwan. Last year’s successes have apparently generated more interest from this year’s class.

Hmm, I just realized I have very little to say this week. How about this. I am now the happy consumer of Guitar Hero. A returned teacher brought it for me a few weeks ago and I’ve been rocking out ever since. I’ve even managed to accomplish my lifelong goal of playing Sweet Child of Mine. Yeah, simple pleasures. We’ve had a few Guitar Hero parties and I’m getting a second guitar whenever the mail arrives. Alright, I think that’s it. More to come when something exciting happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home